Sent wirelessly via BlackBerry from T-Mobile.
—–Original Message—– From: “Chris Anderson (TED)”
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:32:24
To:email@example.com Subject: Newsflash: Jill’s talk live + ‘Best of TED08’ disks coming
TEDizens, a quick heads up!
For those of you looking to spread some of the excitement from Monterey, here are two ways:
1) Jill Bolte Taylor’s amazing talk about her stroke is here live on ted.com. Email it, blog it, share it. By general consensus, this is one of the most memorable TED talks ever. (Craig Venter’s news-making talk and the World Wide Telescope demo are also up, with more to come next week.)
2) As I mentioned briefly on stage, this year we’re creating a special “Best of TED2008” set of Blu-Ray disks, enabling you to share the best of your TED experience from Monterey. It’s specifically designed for those of you who want to organize your own mini-TED salons — for an evening, or a full day or more. This set will be available the first week of April (a few weeks ahead of the complimentary DVD archive that attendees now receive) and will feature:
– the top 30 rated talks and the top 20 rated mini talks from the conference.
– beautiful high-definition footage, as seen in Monterey and Aspen (our standard DVD sets aren’t HD)
– menu listings for each presentation, so you can make your own pick as to which to share on a “play and pause” basis
– chapter markers for both the intros given in Monterey, and the start of the talk itself (so you can do your own speaker introductions if you prefer).
The set contains about 12 hours of top-rated material… with all the house-keeping announcements, stage prizes, etc, cut out. To cover the costs of producing and manufacturing these, we are charging $500/set. (That’s based on the understanding that you yourself are not charging admission to your salon; if you want to do a paid-for event, you should contact us separately.)
We do think there’s an opportunity here for some of you to share TED2008 while the excitement is still in the air, and before the majority of the talks go online.
(We don’t have an exhaustive list of included talks at this stage… still reviewing attendee feedback. Overall, the talks appear to be the highest rated ever.)
If you’re interested in reserving a set, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can simply bill the credit card we have on file for you, and fed-ex you the disks as soon as they’re available. If you don’t have access to a Blu-Ray player, please request an ordinary DVD version of “Best of TED2008” instead. This set is *only* available to attendees of TED2008. And remember, there’s no need to take action here unless you specifically want this special disk set to do an early salon. By the end of April you should have a full TED2008 archive in standard DVD format mailed you free of charge.
Once again, thanks for your time and enthusiasm in Monterey.
P.S. Please do make sure Pangea Day is on your calendar. May 10, 2008. A four-hour program commencing 2pm New York Time. Broadcast details and more available soon.
Chris Anderson • TED Curator
Unsubscribe or update your email address.
TED | 55 Vandam Street | 16th floor | New York, NY 10013