i just bought a new ibm (lenovo) laptop. it has been a ridiculous experience and leads me to believe that other than supporting the many corporate IT jobs, these products may have reached the end of their life.
- the machine required an IT guy to spend a day (and night) moving and setting up.
- the increased resolution also means that your outlook email is too small to read.
- it has problems and bugs like the wireless connection going on and off.
- it resets many of my defaults to things helpful to the manufacturer like changing my home page to lenovo. (now that’s a great idea. i’m sure many people will get value from that.)
- finally, there is no noticable improvement in performance (the original reason for upgrading!)
anyway, the lesson is that i’m an idiot for a) still being dependent on windows computing and b) upgrading to a new one. i hope you can avoid my pitfalls. pls buy a mac and save yourselves. i may be too late.